Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Claire and Will's Wedding Weekend (Wilmington, NC)

On Thursday we headed off to Wilmington, North Carolina to begin the festivities of Claire and Will's wedding. It started with a cookout at their new and BEAUTIFUL home. We were very excited to attend because we were able to bring the babies so she and Will could meet them for the first time. After the cookout we drove the rest of the way to Oak Island.

Friday morning began my longest hours away from the babies. I left the babies with Kevin's step mom Karen and his dad while I attended the bridesmaid luncheon, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner in Wilmington. Anna was my sidekick all weekend as she stayed with us to get a little baby time in between our events. This was the first time she met the babies as well. It was so great to have some one on one time with Anna and catch up about mommyhood and life.

Claire's bridesmaid luncheon was at Bluewater, aka one of my favorite restaurants on Wrightsville beach. It was beautiful.


Next up was the rehearsal at Cape Fear Country Club which was breathtaking. I had never been there before. It was a beautiful site for a wedding.



Last stop was the rehearsal dinner at a really neat little farm. There were lots of animals, a really cool old barn, corn hole picnic tables, the works. It was a great, low key spot for enjoying each others company. We celebrated the special couple, ate some barbecue and then headed back to Oak Island to get some rest before the big day. And see my babies of course. That was the longest I had been away from them. I was missing them so much! Thankfully they did great with Nana and Poppy all weekend long. They even took a 5 hour nap! Of course with someone else :)




The morning of the wedding Anna and I got up and took the babies for a quick run. Then we got ready at the beach house before heading off to Wilmington for the wedding day events. Claire looked absolutely stunning and every detail of the day was beautiful. I was honored to be a part of their special day. We had so much fun and were incredibly sad when the night came to an end.








No comments:

Post a Comment