Tuesday, June 19, 2012

4 Months Old

The babies turned 4 months old yesterday and this mama just can't believe it. As with each post I feel they are growing way to fast. This month they have truly enjoyed interacting with adults. They love to smile and make little cooing noises when being held and while playing on their mat. We introduced them to their Bumbo seats this month and they love them. Mommy loves that they have become a tiny bit more independent. I can place them in their Bumbo seats or on their playmat knowing I will have anywhere from 30-45 minutes to get something done (cook dinner, shower, etc). Avery is incredibly strong. She holds her head up with no bobbling and loves to stand. When you try and sit her down she pops right back up when holding on to your hands. I'm a little nervous she's going to be mobile rather early. It's definitely in her personality. Grayson is a few steps behind his sister but is doing very well. He is great at holding his head up but sometimes gets a little wobbly after awhile. He's not quite as strong when standing but still enjoys it.

They are really beginning to grow these days. At our last doctors appointment Avery was pretty close to Grayson in the weight department. I have a feeling when we go to their 4 month appointment next week that Grayson will be at least a pound heavier than Avery. He seems to be a little more solid when I hold him. Of I could guess I would say Avery is around 9 pounds and Grayson 10 pounds.

The babies generally go down at about 10-11pm and wake once in the night to feed anywhere between 3-4 am. I've had an occasional night where they've slept until 5 am and a few nights where they need to feed twice in the night. After their feeding they go right back to sleep for 2-3 hours. Grayson is going to be my early riser. He wakes up at 7:30 am like clockwork while Avery is usually still snoozing. All in all it's not too bad. Although, I will be so excited when we are finally sleeping through the night! They are still next to me in the bassinet at night :0 but as soon as we get back from the beach I plan on transitioning them to the crib. I was hoping to wait until they slept through the night but I also don't want them to realize it and have it become a difficult transition.

Both babies are still in newborn diapers and newborn clothes. Grayson is getting a little snug in some of his newborn outfits so it won't be long before he moves on to 0-3 month.

We will find out all of their 4 month stats at their appointment next week.

We were in Oak Island, NC on their 4 month birthday. Which also happened to be my dads (granddaddy's) 64th birthday! They were able to come spend a few days with us. Below are the month 4 pictures of the beans taken on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment