Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kevin as a dad


One of the best parts about bringing these babies into the world is seeing Kevin as a dad. I had always imagined it would be a gradual adjustment for him once the babies arrived. I was SO wrong. He became an amazing dad the instant these babies arrived. I have grown even more in love with him (if that's even possible) watching him with our children. He is protective and absolutely in love with them. From the moment they came out of my belly he has been smitten with them. The entire time we were in the hospital he asked questions and jumped at any chance to take care of them and change diapers. I never once had to ask him to do something or help me. He was more than eager to do anything he could. Even with all the wires he did not hesitate.

One of my absolute favorite moments in the hospital was when I was in Grayson's room feeding him and Kevin was in Avery's room holding her. They were adjoining rooms so we could hear each other but couldn't see each other. Kevin spoke across to me and said, "I thought I married the most beautiful girl in the world but I hate to say you may have a little competition. Avery is so beautiful. We made one beautiful baby girl". All I can say is my heart melted at this moment. I'm not sure I even said anything back. I just smiled and took that moment in :)

Every day I see Kevin with his children makes me the happiest person in the world. The days he has to travel for work I miss him more than he knows. He is a huge help and I can't wait for him to get back to our little family. I can't wait to grow even more with him and our children and see all that is ahead for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment