Saturday, April 28, 2012

2 Months Old

On February 18th the babies turned 2 months old! I've seen many of my friends post how quickly time flies and how sad they are that it all goes so quickly. I guess I'm jumping on the band wagon because time really is flying with these two sweet little beans. I cannot believe I am already posting about their second month. I feel like they just came into this world. We couldn't be any happier with the changes in our life since they arrived.






Sleepy little baby
In the past month the babies have begun to stay awake a little longer. We usually get 2 long (relatively speaking) wake cycles throughout the day with both babies. Sometimes it is at the same time and sometimes it is at differing times. When they are awake I am eager to hold, cuddle, and interact with them. I hate leaving them in their bouncy seat or swing when I know I can be enjoying them and spending time bonding with them. I've also found that they are showing me a fussier side at times. The first 6 weeks home all the babies did was sleep and eat. I knew it was a little too good to be true. In the last week or two the babies have become a bit more clingy and need me to hold them more often. They have also decided to give me a few rougher nights when they don't want to go right back to sleep after feedings. This happened a few days in a row after their shots so it may be their little bodies reacting to the virus circulating their system. But all in all they are pretty good babies and I can't complain. I'm just having to get a little trickier at how I get things done throughout the day.


Avery passed out after tummy time

During this month we had more visitors. Aunt Rose continued to stop over and spend time with the babies at least once a week. Nana and Granddaddy Gurley came for another visit and Aunt Devin finally arrived. She was here for a whole week and we enjoyed every moment. More to come on the rest of her visit. We had two doctors visits during this month. One at 5 weeks old and one at 8 weeks old. At 5 weeks Avery weighed in at 5 pounds 7 ounces and Grayson weighed in at 5 pounds 11 ounces. At their 8 week, or two month check up Avery weighed in at 6 pounds 7 ounces and Grayson weighed in at 6 pounds 12 ounces. At their two month check up they also received their first out of hospital shots. I hate it because they are too little to understand what is coming and the poor shrieking screams they both let out just broke my heart. Needless to say they got a lot of extra cuddle time that day.


Grayson's poor little post shot leg

Avery's poor little post shot leg
Post Shots :(

The babies also had their first visit to the beach in our neighborhood this month. We can't wait to enjoy time down there as much as possible this summer. With how much they sleep they make it pretty easy on me. I pack them up in their stroller, find a nice shade spot for them, and mommy gets a chance to take in a little sun and enjoy her book. Now that they stay awake a little longer at times we've noticed they are getting closer to a few milestones. Both babies seem so very close to smiling. They haven't quite let out a definite non-gas smile. We are anxiously awaiting a smile and a giggle from these little beans. They seem to be tracking us and close objects better. They also seem to know me for sure and usually Kevin. They immediately calm once I pick them up when they are upset. We've tried tummy time a few times but they aren't huge fans. This actually surprises me because they LOVE laying on us chest to chest. Avery actually passed out one morning when I placed her on the mat for tummy time. Kevin and I's 1 year anniversary was this month as well.


Our first beach visit

On April 2nd I was forced to leave my babies for the first time. Even though it was just dinner and we had the best babysitters I could ask for (Annette and Suzanne) I cried leaving them. They just seemed to tiny to leave and I knew they would just sleep if we took them with us. A few tears and pictures later and we were out the door. Kevin took me to dinner in downtown Annapolis at . It was a beautiful restaurant on the water. We ate and headed straight home to our precious lil babes. Kevin gave me one of the most thoughtful gifts ever. He got me a Pandora bracelet with a few charms. Two very special charms were a little boy and a little girl representing Avery and Grayson. I didn't even know he knew what Pandora was. I was definitely wowed by this one. The best present of all is having two little babies of course...but who would have thought we would be a family of four by our first anniversary haha! I wouldn't change it for ANYTHING!

All in all it's been a pretty eventful month with more to come for sure. I am still home enjoying every moment with these sweet babies. I am dreading the day I have to go back to work but know it's inevitable. For now I am trying not to think about it too much so that I can enjoy my time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment