Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Half Birthday- 6 Months Old!


Weight
A: I’m guessing somewhere around 12 pounds. We go to the doctor’s next week and I will update
 G: I’m guessing somewhere around 13 pounds

·         They have been steadily increasing over the past few weeks and even have a little baby chub that is just too cute!

Height-
A: ? G: ?
Clothing size- at 6 months Avery is still in newborn but should be moving on to 0-3 very soon and Grayson fits a few of his newborn outfits but is definitely in his  0-3 month clothes.

Diapers-
Size 1’s for both babies

Feeding-
Still nursing when I'm home and they get a bottle of my pumped milk and a bottle of formula while I am at work. Although, lately by the end of the day I don’t quite have enough milk built up for them so we give them a few extra ounces in formula. They have graduated to the larger Dr Brown’s bottles as they are drinking around 5-6 ounces. We also began rice cereal on their 6 month birthday! To say they loved it is an understatement. It was easy going feeding these little beans from the get go. We love their new high chairs and sometimes can’t shovel the food in fast enough. I can’t wait until our doctor’s appointment to be able to start baby foods. I got a baby food maker so that I can prepare everything for them. We’re so excited!

Hair/Eyes-
Avery's eyes are still a smokey blue and the hair she has left is dark like her daddy's. It will be awhile before she has enough hair for bows!
Grayson's eyes are a slightly brighter blue. His hair is much lighter. It began as a very light brown but seems to be turning to a dark shade of blonde. He still has a cute little bit of hair on top that will curl sometime or we shape it into a Mohawk!

Sleep-
The babies go to sleep between 8-8:30pm depending on their fussiness. They are still sleeping until around 5 am most mornings, they nurse, and then go back to sleep until approximately 7:30.  I feel like so many big things happened for my little beans on their half birthday. We had been having a rough nights with Grayson waking up multiple times a night. We decided on their half birthday it was time to place them in separate cribs and try to get rid of the swaddle. Again, this transition was much harder on me than it was on them. The babies were just fine but I was sad that after all these months (in utero and since they were born) that they would no longer be lying next to each other every night. I guess it had to happen eventually. A few nights into this and the babies have been back to sleeping like pros. I don’t know if it is the rice cereal filling their bellies or no longer fighting their swaddle blanket but we’ve had some great nights (fingers crossed).

Personality-
A: Avery is absolutely my spunky little spitfire child. She will smile at anyone and anything anytime. She loves people and light's up at just about anything. She's quick to throw a little attitude in her eyebrows when she doesn't like something but turns it right into a smile. She LOVES the bouncy seat and exersaucer. She could probably bounce around for hours. She never stops moving when she's awake. Her hands constantly have to be doing something and she doesn't want to miss a thing. She looks all over at anything happening in the room. She gets very distracted when nursing these days. She falls asleep easily but doesn't want to miss anything. When she wakes up she is almost always happy. I find that she will sit in her crib and look around/ smile until someone notices her and comes to get her. She's just beginning to babble but I'm sure once she's talking it will not stop. She reminds me a bit of someone I know very well!

G: Grayson is my sweet, sensitive, loving little boy. He is very different from his sister and has been since the get go. He really enjoys cuddling with me and I love that! Grayson usually wakes up and cries because he wants someone to come get him immediately. Once I get him he will spend a few minutes cuddling with me before he's ready to do something. I love this time with him. He will also still sleep on me if we ever get the chance. He too loves the boucny seat but loves playing in the exersaucer more. He also loves his play mat and will play for awhile when I place him on it. He loves his crinkle book and Sophie giraffe. He takes a little more effort to put to sleep and we usually rock for a few minutes and then he goes down easy. I love that I can place both babies in their crib awake and they will usually fall asleep on their own. Grayson seems to take longer naps. He is also a little more finicky with loud noises and people. He is attached to me for sure. Grayson is actually my more advanced talker. I thought it would be the other way around but it's usually him I hear babbling away in his car seat, high chair, exersaucer, play mat... really anywhere. It is the cutest thing and I LOVE hearing him.

The babies aren't quite sitting up yet but we are so close! I'm not ready for mobility but sitting up would be nice.

Fun Stuff-
We hired a nanny to watch the babies while I am at work. She is WONDERFUL! She is so good with the babies and truly enjoys them. I was SO nervous to leave them with anyone other than family but she has made this step an easy one. She even does the laundry and dishes!!!!!!! I was shocked when I came home to this. I feel so lucky to have found such a great girl to watch the babies. I really did not want to leave them and struggled with this a lot but for now it’s what our family needs and she is making that easier on us!

Yesterday we took the babies for a run and then parked them in the stroller on the tennis court and they watched Kevin and I play. It was a fun little family outing! I am so thankful to have such easy going babies.

Happy Half Birthday to my favorite spunky little beans!!!









Avery & Grayson you two are the absolute light of your dad and I's lives! I don't think we truly knew how wonderful life could be until you both came into this world 6 months ago. Time is flying way to fast and we wish we could slow it down, but with every step there seems to be something new and wonderful that you bring to our days. We love you more than you could ever imagine and can't wait for all the moments ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment