Friday, May 25, 2012

My First Mother's Day


Happy First Mom's Day

Well, yet again I am way behind on my blog posts. Sunday May 13th was a very special day for me. It was my very first Mother's Day. To say it was an incredibly special and wonderful day is an understatement. We spent the weekend with my mom in town. It was really special for me to be able to spend my first Mother's Day with my mom and the babies with their Nana. I woke up to a yummy breakfast made by Kevin. I was hoping the babies would have their first the night of sleeping through. Unfortunately we're not even close but I could wish. Regardless I was so excited to wake up and see my sweet beans. Mom made special outfits for the babies to wear for me on Mother's Day. They were SO cute. They both had a onesie on and Avery had the cutest little TuTu I've ever seen. Their onesies read...Happy First Mom's Day. My mom worked hard on these little outfits and I will cherish them forever. I received so many First Mother's Day cards from lots of thoughtful people. Kevin was thoughtful enough to go out and purchase cards for my sweet babies to give to me. I didn't even know he knew to do that. He is one special guy. He also got me a very thoughtful and memorable gift. He added to the charms on my Pandora bracelet and picked flowers from our yard as garnishments. I received two beads from Avery and two from Grayson.

Kevin with his baby girl on Mother's Day morning...I love this picture!

A & G


We spent the rest of the day running around the neighborhood attending mother's day parties. Our good friends and neighbors have a huge Mother's Day get together with their family and friends every year. This year we were around to attend. Let's just say the babies were a hit and I'm not sure I held them at all while we were there. They were passed all around so I could enjoy eating and having a mimosa or two! Then we headed back to the house for a quick visit from my God Mother Annette and Suzanne. They hadn't seen the babies in weeks so they had to make the trip even though they couldn't stay long. Lastly, we headed to Casey's house, another neighbor of ours. We enjoyed freshly caught crabs and another yummy mimosa! All in all it was a super busy packed but incredibly special and fun day. I hope every Mom out there was able to enjoy their special day...I now know how well deserved Mother's Day really is :) love my little beans and each and every day I thank them for making me a mommy!
3 generations

The reason I am a mom :)

Too cute for words...


Some of the many baby holders we came across on Mother's Day



Love my family

No comments:

Post a Comment