Friday, May 25, 2012

3 months old

The babies turned 3 months on Saturday May 18th. Each month has brought new excitement to us. This month they started truly smiling with these great big adorable grins. I feel like we are constantly in their faces making ridiculous sounds and motions to get them to show us those sweet smiles. Sleep is pretty much the same. I am so eager for them to start lengthening the time before they wake to feed so that we can get closer to sleeping through the night, but I guess the babies just aren't ready. They go down around 11pm and wake between 2 and 3 am to feed. They will usually go right back to sleep and won't wake to feed again until 7 to  am. So it's really not that bad...I am just dying to get a 6 hour stretch of sleep. I feel like I haven't slept in months. Both babies are amazing at holding their little heads up. Avery seems to be a slight step ahead of Grayson. She loves to stand on her little legs while we hold her up. She also loves the floor mat and will hang there for at least 30 minutes some days. Grayson enjoys it but not nearly as long. They love their baths and changing table these days. Gone, I hope, are the days of them screaming through it. We also recently tested out the bumbo seat to see if the little beans could handle it. They both do extremely well. We need to get a second one soon because they both love it and will hang out in it for awhile happy as can be.They both still sleep in the swing and bouncy seat as well as in their car seats if we are on the go. I love that they are great at sleeping anywhere. Their new spot is sleeping on their tummy's (I know) in this little tent we got them. They absolutely love it and will sleep for hours. I usually set them up in it outside while I get a bit of work done. I am trying to get about 10 hours of work in a week. It's harder than it would seem...two babies and work do not mix. Most of the time I have to wait until Kevin gets home from work if they won't give me a long afternoon nap.

Kevin is still traveling to Richmond a few days a week which are by far my hardest days of the week. I cannot wait until he gets home. He is such a big help in the morning and at night that I miss him desperately when he is out of town.

I am still home for a few more weeks on maternity leave. I get anxiety thinking about leaving them. I know I need to start leaving them sporadically with Kevin to get myself used to it but I just can't do it. I love them so much I don't want to be without them. The babies will be fine...it's me I'm worried about.

Lots of Month 3 photos below...they were too cute to choose


Uh Oh


Not happy mom!

Okay now I'm happy :)





WHOA

Seriously...are we done yet???


And...that's a wrap
 It's been another great month with these little beans in our life. Kevin and I couldn't be happier. We can't wait for what's ahead in month 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment