Thursday, September 20, 2012

30 Years Young

Well- I made it to the dreaded 30th birthday. In reality I've actually been pretty okay with turning 30. I love birthdays and what's one more year even if it takes me into another decade. I couldn't be happier with where my life is so come on 30's! Not to mention my sweet husband and friends made it a weekend to remember FULL of celebrations.

My actual 30th fell on a Friday in which I didn't have to work and Kevin was lucky enough to work from home. I spent a lazy morning with the babes after Kev brought me breakfast in bed. I shooed him away as the babies were still sleeping and so was I! It's not often I can take advantage of that. Next up I spent a little time down at our neighborhood beach with the babies. We hadn't made it down there in weeks. The babies must have known it was my birthday because they were so good. They laid under their umbrella on a quilt and played while enjoying the afternoon with mama. It was a beautiful day with a nice breeze so I'm sure they were in heaven with the water and breeze. Kevin then sent me for a massage that turned out to be one of the best I've ever had. Ahhh what a good hubby. Once I returned it was time to get ready for the party. Little did I know Kevin rented a party bus for some friends and I to head down to downtown Baltimore for a few drinks and dancing. But...before we left there were a couple of surprises. First up my friend Anna couldn't make it from Charlotte so instead...she sent a dancing chicken man who sang some pretty funny songs and read a sweet note from her.I don't think I stopped laughing the whole time Mr. Chicken was at my house. The best part is Kevin had to help him get into his chicken suit when he arrived. If only I could have seen that! A few minutes after the chicken left (ha) I walk into my kitchen to find two of my very best friends from NC . Tiffany and Erin drove all the way from Raleigh to surprise me and our other bestie, Celeste for her birthday. Wow! I was shocked and SO excited. They made my night for sure! A few drinks later and we were off to Baltimore. It was the perfect night!

Saturday we relaxed a bit and spent quality time with the babies. We had a family scare (more on this later) so between Friday night's festivities and that I wasn't really up for much.

Sunday was another day of celebration. Kevin along with Celeste's husband David threw us a little surprise get together at their house to watch football, hang with friends and eat good food. SO many of our friends made it from all over. The best part is that this celebration included the babies. It's kind of surreal to see how quickly we all went from single to couples to a gazillion babies running around. It made me smile!

Boy was I tired come Monday but I enjoyed every moment of ringing in the BIG 3-0! If it's anything like my 20's it's sure to be amazing. After all, I met my future husband, graduated college, got a great job, got a dog, bought a house, got engaged, then married and welcomed two amazing little babies...Whew what a decade!

Thank you to all of my amazing friends and sweet hubby for making me feel so loved this past weekend! You sure made turning 30 fun. Love you all XOXO
The sweet card from my babies (husband)

Beautiful flowers from the hubby that have made my house smell AMAZING this week
A few of the ladies looking good!

My sweet babies ready to cheer on the Skins at our Sunday party



Amy and the beans!


Lil McKenna in her cute Skins jersey

Hmmmmm!


The Fry's. Go Skins!


Some of the gang at the surprise football party


New mamas and our sleeping boys


Love my lil Skins loving family!


My sweet sleeping boy

No comments:

Post a Comment