Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weekend Full of To Do's With My Mom

Wow is all I can say after this exhausting weekend of knocking to do's off my list. I thought a weekend at home would be relaxing...not when you are 6 weeks from your wedding. I don't believe my mom or I stopped from the time she arrived on Friday afternoon until she left Monday night. There were a lot of little wedding related projects that needed to be done so that I can breathe a little over the next few weeks.

First up we completed the personalized water bottles. When I realized I wanted to have personalized water bottles I took a look online and realized how outrageous the prices were. So I figured if I could get sticker labels printed I could do them myself. I went to Sam's club and bought 6 cases of water (35 in each) for $2.98. I could not believe how cheap it was. I had my coworker who made my invitations design and print 200 labels for me. She did a wonderful job and delivered them to me last week. She incorporate the BHK that was also on our invitation. So, away we went cutting off the Sam's club labels and replacing them with our labels. The best part is what she creatively came up with for the nutrition facts...LOVE! They turned out great! We will have them in a party bucket I had made with our new initials. This bucket just arrived today and I absolutely love how it turned out. I ordered it off the website Etsy from Monkey See Boutique, which is where I have ordered a lot of my little "extras". We will have the bucket at the entrance to the ceremony with waters in case anyone wants one during the ceremony. Then it will be moved into the reception for guests to grab waters at their leisure.

Next up was the flip flops. Many months ago I decided to have buckets of flip flops as one of the favors at our wedding. I went to a wedding last year that had flip flops and I thought it was the greatest idea. Girls were grabbing for flip flops before they were all gone. So last summer when Old Navy had their flip flop sale I bought them out of yellow and navy blue. Then I ordered cute little buckets that match our beverage tub with our new initials. Also ordered from Monkey See Boutique. I got varying amounts of varying sizes to try to accommodate all the girls. Then I got the bright idea that I didn't want them to be plain Old Navy flip flops...I had to add a little something to them. I decided I wanted to tie ribbon bows on all of them. My mom got me all kinds of varying navy and yellow ribbons. We began tying and tying and tying mini bows. It seemed like that took most of the weekend. However, the work was worth it. I LOVE how cute they turned out in the end. I even got a few visitors (Annette and Suzanne) to help when they stopped over on Sunday. I can't wait to see the girls go grabbing them once they are brought out during the reception.




While I was working those projects my mom was working a few others. She altered both Austin and Kevin's suit pants for the wedding as well as my dress. All I can say is my mom is super talented when it comes to her ability with a sewing machine. We have one more thing to complete on my dress before it is 100% ready for my big day!


There were a few other crafts I worked on this weekend but I will have to fill in the details later as they were part of the bridesmaid gifts and the ring bearer and flower girl gifts. Needless to say it was a busy weekend but I feel highly accomplished and good about the to do's we have left to complete over the next few weeks.



On top of that I believe we found both Kevin's moms mother of the groom dress as well as my moms mother of the bride dress. That alone is a huge accomplishment because I know they were both getting a little nervous.



Next up this weekend...MY BACHELORETTE PARTY!!!!




I cannot wait to be surrounded by 15 of my best friends, including my sister, for an entire long weekend. We are headed up to the mountains of WISP in McHenry, Maryland. We will ski/snowboard and play all weekend in a beautiful house that is ski in/ski out off the mountain. I have been looking forward to this weekend and am so excited it is almost here. More details when I return...




Here is a picture of the house we will be staying in


No comments:

Post a Comment