Thursday, August 26, 2010

Engagement Photos

In February my friend Brandy and I went to the Baltimore Bridal Show together. Brandy is one of my best friends from college. We now live right down the street from each other in Crownsville. She just so happened to get engaged about a month before me. It's so much fun to have someone close to you doing all the same fun stuff when it comes to wedding planning. We are constantly blabbing on about all the fun and not so fun details ;-) I'm sure our fiances and friends just love it!

Anyways...typically at bridal shows there are a gazillion vendors to go around and meet. This bridal show wasn't too beneficial for me because all the vendors were from the Baltimore/DC area and I needed to be meeting vendors from the Coastal NC area. However, while we were there the vendors ran drawings of free giveaways. Brandy and I both won a few little odds and ends. The best thing we both happened to win was a free engagement shoot with one of the photographers that had a booth set up.

I knew exactly where I wanted to have them taken. It was nearing Cherry Blossom time in D.C. If you've ever been you know why I wanted to have them taken there. If you've never seen them, you MUST go (http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/index.php?id=390)! It's kind of tricky to know exactly when they are going to bloom. The website gives an estimate based on the weather and other things as to when they should be blooming. So...we picked a date that seemed to be when they would be blooming.
On March 25th we headed off to take the photos. Lucky us it was the peak day of the bloom :) But...it wasn't as easy as it could have been. If you've ever been you know that you are going to be battling around the busiest part of DC with a gazillion tourists. When taking engagement photos you don't exactly want other people in your photos. So...we had to be quite creative and definitely not shy when taking the photos. The shoot ended up to be so much fun. Surprisingly Kevin was really into it as well. He would grab me and spin me around, dip me, etc to get some good shots. All in all it was a fun experience and we got some great photos out of it. Our favorite is the one we used on our Save the Date magnet. Enjoy the photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment