Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Good Kind of Busy...


There have been a lot of changes over the last few months. I took on my very first business with Rodan and Fields skincare products. It has been an amazing little thing for our family and I am really enjoying all that has come with it. I have finally found truly effective skincare products that not only fight my longtime acne issues but have brought back a soft, blemish free skin. I haven’t had that in many, many years. I love sharing this with those around me and I am really having fun with all the people I am meeting and linking up with through this little side gig.
 
On top of that I decided to accept a new position with Sayres and Associates. I spent the last 5 years working for Integrated Warefare Systems and have moved on to a Financial Analyst position within Littoral Combat Systems (LCS) PMS 377. We build LHA class ships. I am responsible for Task Planning Sheets (TPS) along with many other budget related documents that are associated with the funding of the ship. It has been an incredibly huge learning curve, which is something I was looking for. I love being stimulated and learning new things. I never would have thought I would be involved in such things but I am really enjoying it. I am learning a lot about what goes into these ships and what it takes from thought to take off. This position also came with full time responsibilities. We had to think long and hard if this was the right thing for our family. Some days I still am not sure when I spend way too many hours away from my kids, but overall I believe it seems to be the best thing for all of us. I am thankful I was able to spend two days a week at home with them for their first 2+ years but now that I was able to let my other part time job go I can really focus on this one and give Avery, Grayson and Kevin all of my attention when I am not at work.
 
On top of all of that, Avery and Grayson will begin preschool two days a week in September. We finally found a great preschool and the best part is that it is right down the street from us. The second we walked in I knew the feeling was what we were looking for. A & G had so much fun and are really excited that they will be going to preschool soon.
 
So, if life wasn't busy enough before...it sure is now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment