Wednesday, January 11, 2012

And so it begins...

Let me start by saying this pregnancy has been quite easy thus far and I know how lucky I am for that. Most of the time I have thought this really isn’t that bad…I could do this again easily. With that said, imy thoughts on being pregnant are beginning to change very quickly. I barely had morning sickness, I hadn’t gained a ton of weight, my sleep was okay and I wasn’t really having many other issues. In the last month or so I began to feel the back aches, other random pains, less sleep, etc. Week 28 has brought on a whole new set of issues. I am no longer sleeping much at all. I wake up numerous times a night and have a very hard time falling back asleep. Before it was simply because I needed to use the restroom and then I would fall back asleep rather quickly. Now it is primarily due to how uncomfortable I am in ANY position. Some nights I am so tired but cannot fall asleep. Other nights I wake up in such discomfort and find it can take me an hour plus to fall back asleep only to wake again in another hour or so with the same routine. I am trying to think about how much I will be up with the babies once they arrive knowing that the amount of sleep I’m getting right now really isn’t so bad. Right?
I also found that overnight I came across the swelling issue. I have this tingling in my fingers and hands that constantly wakes me up at night and bothers me throughout the day. Who knew there was such thing as pregnancy induced carpel tunnel syndrome. Let’s just say it is no fun and pretty painful. Luckily this is another one of those pregnancy symptoms that goes away right after the babies arrive.
I can no longer wear my engagement ring. At least my wedding bands still fit! I am quickly outgrowing my shoes with the amount of swelling that has taken place. My face is beginning to blow up, my hands, my legs, my feet, you name it. I know I shouldn’t be complaining considering I have two very healthy little babes growing inside of me and this is part of the territory, but let’s face it…the end of pregnancy is beginning to affect my attitude. I am trying to get as much rest as possible and keep my feet elevated. Thus far I haven’t had to change my abilities too much and continued working out in moderation. I am thinking this might come to a halt as well. I think it’s time I listen to my body and start to prepare for the crazy amount of growing these beans have to do over the next two months. For now I will rest when I can and drink LOTS of water. Apparently drinking lots of water REDUCES the fluid retention. Who would have thought?
Here’s to pregnancy pains and the growth of two healthy babies in my belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment