Monday, January 10, 2011

A Snowflake Bridal Shower



All I can say is it's been a busy few weeks with Christmas parties, Christmas, New Year's, the ECU bowl game and it all started with an amazing shower hosted by my sister, Suzanne and Annette. It took place at the Fishers home in Reston, Virginia where I grew up. It was on December 18th 2010 at 2pm. The theme was snowflakes and they managed to work it in on all kinds of neat details throughout the party. There were snowflake cookies, snowflakes on the tablecloths, snowflakes on the cupcake papers, snowflake ornaments on my packages and so on. Not to mention that it had actually snowed the night before. There were about 25 people (family, neighbors, college friends, etc.) that were able to make it out for the party. It definitely kick started the final weeks until my wedding off just right :)

There was wonderful food for all the guests that Suz, Annette, my mom and sister put together. It included mini crab cakes, chicken salad in filo cups, famous meatballs, fruit, a chocolate fountain, cupcakes, cookies, punch, wine and much more. Everyone got the chance to mingle for a bit before we ate. I'd have to say it made me a little nervous for the wedding. I barely had time to talk to each guest for more than a few minutes. I can only imagine what it will be like at the wedding. Everyone that came showered me with amazing gifts...it was better than Christmas :P I could not believe what I walked out of there with. I am so thankful for all that came and made that day so special for me. I am truly grateful for all of the wonderful people in my life!
Here are a few pictures from the party...
Yummy cupcakes...love the real snow background*
Chosen Family...Annette, Laura, Mom, Suzanne, Me, Devin

Not sure what that face was all about...Devin, Me, Suzanne, Gina and Jen

More photos to come once my sister sends them my way :)

THANK YOU DEVIN, SUZANNE, & ANNETTE! You all mean the world to me!!!!!!!

To Do's this week...GET THE INVITATIONS OUT! YAY :) I LOVE how they turned out and can't wait to share them in a post once all my guests have received them...stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment